There’s help if you need it.
Customers affected as a result of the bushfire emergency throughout Australia are being offered financial relief. Our funding partner, Adelaide Bank has extended its bushfire assistance package in response to the current natural disaster which has seen homes lost and businesses impacted.
For affected customers, the key features of the Assistance Package include:
- Home Loan and Business Loan customers can apply for relief on loans for up to three months
- Credit card customers can apply for an emergency credit card limit increase
- Discounted interest rates on new personal loans taken out by existing customers
- Waiver of interest rate reduction for early withdrawals on term deposits prior to maturity
- No loan ‘break costs’ for customers with a fixed rate who use an insurance payment to pay out their loan
- Existing customers with home and contents insured through CGU Insurance can apply for emergency funds and temporary accommodation costs.
Who do I contact for help?
The best phone number to call is to call our funder directly as they have setup their Mortgage Help Centre specifically to help deal with this current disaster.
During business hours:
Call on 1800 650 258
Call on 1300 652 200
Email: [email protected]
To apply for relief on home loans, contact the Mortgage Help Centre on 1800 650 258.
The people at the help centre will be able to advise you regarding financial hardship and applying for assistance.
What are some of my options?
The Mortgage Help Centre will be able to offer advice regarding the relief options if you’re experiencing hardship due to the disaster such as:
- Loan term extensions
- Deferment of repayments
- Reduced loan repayments for a specified time
- Capitalisation of any arrears for customers in the affected areas
- Customers can apply for Superannuation release under hardship
- Credit cards with minimum payments due within the moratorium can be frozen if requested by customers.